Developing a Custom Cluster Workflow for Shape Optimization with Finite
Professor Damir Vucina
FESB, University of Split
Abstract: To be announced
Brief Biography of the Speaker:
• Born on June 13th, 1962, in Split, Croatia.
• Univ. degree in mechanical engineering at the "Department of Electrical
and Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (FESB)" of the University
• "Master of Science" (M.Sci.) degree in 1987 at the "Columbia University in
the City of New York, School of Engineering and Applied Science", in New
York, U.S.A., as a grantee of the "Fulbright Grant". Master's thesis
"Application of Graph Theory and Nonlinear Programming in the Computer-Aided
Type- and Dimensional Synthesis of Mechanisms"
• Doctoral Degree in Technical Sciences in 1993, dissertation titled "A
Contribution to Modelling of Viscoplastic Material Flow with the Finite
Elements Method", FSB, University of Zagreb, Croatia.
• Full professor at FESB. Courses: Application of Computers- Computer Aided
Analysis, Optimization Methods, Operations Research, Neural Networks and
Genetic Algorithms, Appraisal of Technology Projects, within university
study programmes of Mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering and
• Author of university-level books in engineering: (1) 'Methods of
Engineering Numerical Optimization', (2) 'Application of Computers in